July 7, 2010

Black Bean and Corn Salsa

I love eating chips and salsa. The combination of the crispy chips and the tangy salsa make for a great snack, or even a light meal.  The salsa that I usually use is the red or green tomato salsa from the snack aisle in the grocery store. So when I came across this recipe on the back of a can, I thought I would try it out and see what it would taste like. 

Black Bean and Corn Salsa


1 15oz can of black beans
1 12oz can of whole kernal corn
1 medium tomato, diced
1 small onion (red or white), diced
juice from 1 lemon
2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
1 tsp ground cumin powder

Drain and rinse beans and corn.
Combine in a bowl with tomatoes, onion and jalapeno peppers.
Mix lemon juice and cumin powder together and pour over other ingredients.  Mix gently.
Serve with chips.

3 comments:

  1. Hina Khan-MukhtarMay 1, 2011 at 12:07 AM

    how funny! right before i checked out your blog, i had been looking for a recipe for black bean and corn salad on allrecipes.com. what a coincidence! this looks great, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you find one that you liked? This looked good and tasted great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to invite you to join our site www.erecipe.com . I really enjoy your blog and recipes and I think the over 8,000 unique daily visitors to eRecipe will too.
    By joining eRecipe, we will provide the Nutrition Facts for every recipe you post in which you could customize and add to your blog. Viewers need and love to know the nutritional facts. Its a free service that we offer to blogs and recipes we really love. It looks professional and your members will love it.
    Simply visit www.erecipe.com or contact me at michelle@erecipe.com. We look forward having you in our network!

    ReplyDelete