May 24, 2010

Peanut Buttery Drops

I love all things with peanut butter. As a kid, anytime I came home after a trip overseas, the first thing I would do after putting down my bags was make a peanut butter sandwich and pour a glass of milk. There's just something about peanut butter that makes it irresistible.

My love for peanut butter led me to this recipe from Tina at Carrots 'N' Cake.  Here is my tweaked recipe:

Peanut Buttery Drops

1 1/2 cups of old fashion oats
1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
1/4 cup of agave nectar
1 egg
1/2 cup of smooth peanut butter
1/3 cup of chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease small muffin tin and put aside.
Mix all ingredients until combined. 
Using a tablespoon (the one that you get with your cutlery set), "drop" batter into the greased muffin tin.
Bake on the top rack of the oven for 5-10 minutes, or until the bottoms of the drops are slightly brown.
Makes 19 drops
*Notes: Keep a close eye on these drops because the bottoms can burn easily.
* If you want to make bite sized drops, you can scoop out the batter into a smaller cupcake pan. I used a small ice cream scoop to make the drops similar in size and shape.  I was able to get 30 drops using this method.
* I'm also trying to increase the healthiness of this recipe, so the second time I made it, I cut back on the 1/2 cup of flour by leaving some space at the top of the measuring cup and filled up the rest with flax seed meal.  I think it's a nice way to get some Omega-3 into your diet!

No comments:

Post a Comment